Position: Principal/Teacher Grades 1-8
Description: Seeking a teaching principal for the Berkshire Hills Christian School. The ideal candidate should have caring Christian values incorporated with passion for teaching in a multi-grade classroom. Berkshire Hills Christian School is a one teacher school located in the scenic hills of Lanesborough, Western Massachusetts.
Experience: The candidate must be a committed Seventh-day Adventist and dedicated to the mission of Adventist Education. Current denominational certification is preferred. Please send your resume with a cover letter and contact information for references to Beverley Bucknor, Superintendent of Schools.
Position: Preschool/Pre-K Teacher
There is an exciting new opportunity to join our school community at Cedar Brook School! Do you have a love for teaching and children? The heart of Cedar Brook School is to encourage and equip students to follow Jesus in a nurturing and thriving learning environment. If you desire to prepare students across subjects with the 21st Century learning skills of critical thinking, media literacy, communication, collaboration, information literacy, and creativity, from a Biblical worldview, we invite you to prayerfully consider applying to join the exceptional team of faculty and staff at Cedar Brook School.
Cedar Brook School is looking for a qualified Preschool/PreK Teacher to prepare small children ages 3-4 for kindergarten by easing them into organized education. You will teach them important elements that they will encounter soon after they enter school life.
A preschool teacher must have a great love and patience for children. Qualifications needed to teach them effectively include knowledge of best practices and preschool educational methods as well as the ability to engage them and earn their trust and attention.
The goal is to contribute to the healthy mental and emotional development of the child so they can more easily acclimate in the next level of education.
- Develop a careful and creative program suitable for preschool children
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, media etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Encourage children to interact with each other and resolve occasional arguments
- Guide children to develop their artistic and practical capabilities through a carefully constructed curriculum (identify shapes, numbers or colors, do crafts etc.)
- Organize nap and snack hours and supervise children to ensure they are safe at all times
- Track children’s progress and report to parents
- Communicate with parents regularly to understand the children’s background and psyche
- Collaborate with other educators
- Maintain a clean and tidy classroom consistent with health and safety standards
- Excellent understanding of the principles of child development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Ability to act as mediator between children
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Balance between a creative mind and a practical acumen
- Certification in child CPR
- Must be able to pass an extensive background check
24 Ralsie Rd, Rehoboth, MA 02769